Let’s take a closer look at what happened when the levees failed during Hurricane Katrina.
- A tub or container of water
- Small bowl
- Fill a large container or tub with water.
- Take the empty bowl and place it inside the tub without allowing any water to get inside the bowl.
- Press the bowl down until the edge is just above the water line.
- Have a friend disturb the surface of the water.
- What did you observe? Did any water spill over into the bowl?
- How does this relate to New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina?