Words to Know
- Caste - any class or group who inherit exclusive privileges/roles based on perceived on a social distinction
- Compound - made up of repeating units (a lens, crystalline cone, visual cells, and pigment cells) each of which functions as a separate visual receptor
- Honeycomb - a structure of hexagonal cells of wax, made by bees to store honey and eggs
- Physiology - the way in which a living organism or bodily part functions
- Pollen - a fine powdery substance, typically yellow, found in plants and part of their reproduction cycle
- Pollinator - an animal that moves pollen from the male anther of a flower to the female stigma of a flower.